Ochsner is proud to offer up to 5 Administrative Operations Fellowships per year. Over the 12-month period, the Fellows have the opportunity to rotate through and experience all aspects of the hospitals, clinics, corporate office and any of the other entities in which interest is expressed. Fellows in the Operations Concentration are exposed to a broad range of hands-on experiences that will prepare them for a successful career in healthcare leadership.
Each Fellowship Concentration has an Executive Leader/Preceptor to guide the curriculum, provide consistent feedback, one-on-one mentoring, progressive evaluations, and preceptor facilitated experiences.
Our Preceptors are:
- Beth Walker, Chief Operating Officer - OMC
- Robert Wolterman, Chief Executive Officer - OMC
- John Herman, Chief Operating Officer – OMC
- Brad Goodson, Chief Executive Officer – OMNS
- Eric McMillen, Chief Executive Officer – OMBR
The Program utilizes the ACHE competencies to guide program content and ensure a successful learning application.
The prospective Operations Fellow must have completed the didactic portion of an accredited graduate program. Preferred candidates must hold or in the process of completion of at least one of the following credentials:
- Master in Healthcare Administration
- Master in Business Administration
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
Prospective Operations Fellows should submit the following materials as one application packet by prior to close of business on Monday, October 5, 2015 for the July Fellowship cycle 2016-2017:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Personal Statement - (1 page single space) - Discuss your interest in an Administrative Fellowship, career goals, and specifically your interest in Ochsner.
- Three (3) Letters of Reference (Combination of academic and professional)
- Official Graduate Transcript
Please mail all materials listed above to the addressed below:
Michael F. Hulefeld, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Ochsner Health System
c/o Faye Campo, Program Manager
Administrative Fellowship Program
Ochsner Medical Center
Brent House 5th Floor
1514 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA 70121
To request more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility for Fellowship Concentration
The prospective Operation Fellow must have completed the didactic portion of an accredited graduate program in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field. The Operations Fellowship runs July through June.