The Ochsner Pharmacy Department is comprised of a complete continuum of patient care including inpatient, clinic, infusion centers, and retail pharmacy services. These locations provide clinical, distributive, and administrative support and services to Ochsner patients. Ochsner Pharmacy personnel are integrally involved in all aspects of patient care. Complete and appropriate drug therapy is provided in a multidisciplinary patient-centered environment.
For more information on our Pharmacy Department click here.
Ochsner Health System Pharmacy Department Highlights
- Innovative clinical practice models
- Communicative learning environment within a teaching institution
- State of the art technology: Epic Electronic Health Record, IV Station Robotics, Pyxis ES integrated dispensing platform and automated dispensing cabinets, Pharmogistics business intelligence, Medication Carousels, and several USP 797 compliant IV compounding areas.
- Critical Care
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
Education and Training
- ASHP- Accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency; PGY1 and PGY2 in Transplant
- Precepting affiliation with Xavier University of Louisiana, College of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy technician training program
- Educational programs for physicians, medical and surgical residents, nurses and other healthcare workers
- Educational programs for the community
- Conduct pharmacy practice research
- Perform economic and outcome studies
- Member of the Institutional Review Board
- Formal Investigational drug service