Ochsner Health System is southeast Louisiana's largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system with eight hospitals and over 38 health centers in Louisiana. Ochsner has been named the Consumer Choice for Healthcare in New Orleans for 15 consecutive years and is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a "Best Hospital" across seven specialty categories. Ochsner employs more than 12,500 employees, over 850 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts over 300 clinical research trials annually. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco free environment.
- Ochsner successfully passed an aggressive and highly competitive accreditation process by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) to gauge a health system's quality of care and patient safety.
- Ochsner has achieved Magnet Nursing Services Recognition designation. This status recognizes and rewards Ochsner for superlative care.
- Ochsner Health System is one of the largest, Independent Academic Medical Centers in the U.S.
- Ochsner has more than 200 medical residents in 19 Ochsner-sponsored programs
In 2010, Ochsner had:
- More than 600 medical student months in 2010
- More than 900 nursing students clinical rotations in 2010
- More than 400 allied health students in clinical rotations in 2010
- U.S. News and World Report named Ochsner Medical Center one of America's best hospitals, cited for its exceptional delivery of medical care across seven categories, according to Ochsner earned a ranking in seven specialty categories, including:
- Ochsner Medical Center was named the top hospital in the New Orleans metropolitan area by U.S. News & World Report. The new metro area rankings are intended primarily for consumers who need care that may not demand the special expertise found at the 152 hospitals in the Best Hospitals national rankings.
- HealthGrades, the nation's most trusted source of health care provider information, has named Ochsner Medical Center and its West Bank Campus Distinguished Hospitals for Clinical ExcellenceTM. This prestigious distinction places Ochsner among the Top 5% of hospitals nationwide for clinical performance.
- Ochsner Medical Center and Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank Campus Named Among Top 5% in Nation for Emergency Medicine for the second consecutive year by HealthGrades.
- Ochsner's Emergency Medicine program is the only facility in Louisiana to receive the HealthGrades Emergency Medicine Excellence Award in 2011 or a Five-Star rating for Emergency Medicine.
- 2011, HealthGrades Names Ochsner Medical Center and Ochsner Medical Center-West Bank Campus Recipient of Kidney Transplant Excellence Awards and among the top 5% in the nation for Treatment of Stroke, Overall Pulmonary Services, and GI Medical Treatment.
- Consumer Choice for Healthcare in New Orleans for 16 consecutive years, awarded by the National Research Corporation (NRC), which identifies the most-preferred hospitals in more than 100 US markets.
- For the second year in a row, Ochsner Medical Center was named a Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals® National Benchmark Study winner. Ochsner Medical Center was also named an Everest Award winner and one of only 15 of the 2011 Major Teaching Hospitals award winners.
- The Everest Award honors hospitals that have achieved both the highest current performance and the fastest long-term improvement over five years.
- In 2008, selected by Thomson Reuters as one of the country's 100 Top Hospitals for Quality Cardiovascular Care. Ochsner is also recognized as a "benchmark" hospital based on its investment in cardiovascular programs and services.
- Becker's Hospital Review has named Ochsner Medical Center one of the 50 best hospitals in America. Each of the 50 organizations is recognized for putting patients' needs first and for their achievements on a variety of innovations that have helped set the bar for high-quality care.
- On New Orleans CityBusiness Best Places to Work list since 2005
- Named one of AARP's Best Employers for Workers Over 50. (2005, 2006, 2007, 2011)
- Ochsner Health System has received the full, six year accreditation of the University of Queensland School of Medicine Ochsner Clinical School by the Australian Medical Council (AMC).
- In 2008 & 2009, Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank Campus has been recognized as one of only six hospitals in the state for its exceptional care in treating heart failure patients with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (SM) program for their superior heart disease and stroke care. Ochsner Medical Center received the Gold Award for Stroke care and Ochsner West Bank a Silver Award for Heart Failure.
- In 2009, Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge was the recipient of a Press Ganey Quarterly Improvement Certificate recognizing its Emergency Room's continuous improvement in patient satisfaction.
- Named a 2009 "Most Wired" Hospital for 6th Year in a Row, according to the results of the 2009 Most Wired Survey and Benchmarking Study released in the July issue of Hospitals & Health Networks magazine. In 2009, Ochsner was also named as one of the top 25 Most Wireless hospitals in the United States.
- In 2011, Ochsner Medical Center – North Shore was named one of the nation’s top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission. The hospital was recognized based on data reported about evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care and children’s asthma.
- In 2011, Becker's Hospital Review recognized Ochsner Medical Center on its list of "60 Hospitals With Great Orthopedic Programs"
- HealthGrades named Ochsner Medical Center and Ochsner Medical Center- West Bank Campus (both campuses of Ochsner Clinic Foundation) among the Best 100 Hospitals in the Nation in four specialties. Ochsner is the only hospital in Louisiana among the 100 Best for Stroke Care, Gastrointestinal Care, Critical Care and Pulmonary Care.
- Ochsner is proud to have had 163 registered nurses named to the Great 100 Nurses in Louisiana listing over the past 5 years:
We hope that you will join the Ochsner team and continue the tradition of excellence.
Choose a Mission. Choose Ochsner.
We Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate.