Southeast Louisiana is an area famous for its culture, music, food, entertainment, architecture and history. Ochsner is immersed in the Louisiana culture and community, and we are a proud sponsor of both the New Orleans Hornets (NBA) and New Orleans Saints (NFL). From the French Quarter to the Atchafalaya Swamp, there is something for everyone to enjoy in our region. Explore the sites below to learn a little bit more about our rich cultural heritage.
General Louisiana information:
Music, Cuisine, Culture, Festivals, Outdoors & Events
- Louisiana Travel - www.louisianatravel.com
- Official Louisiana Tour Guide - www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/milesmedia/10LOU/#/0
Attractions, Accommodations, Dining & Night Life, Shopping, Recreation, Tours, & Things to Do
- New Orleans - www.neworleansonline.com
- St. Tammany/Northshore - www.louisiananorthshore.com
- Lafourche Parish - Bayou - http://www.visitlafourche.com
- Baton Rouge - www.visitbatonrouge.com
Real Estate Information:
- Make New Orleans Home - www.makeneworleanshome.com
- Neighborhood Scout - www.neighborhoodscout.com
- Baton Rouge Housing Guide - www.businessreport.com/news/2011/apr/19/state-residential
- Download the New Orleans City Business – Homebuyer’s Guide 2011
Chambers of Commerce:
- New Orleans - www.neworleanschamber.org
- Jefferson Parish - www.jeffersonchamber.org
- St. Tammy Parish - http://www.sttammanychamber.org
- Slidell - www.slidellchamber.com
- Lafourche Parish - www.lafourchechamber.com
- Baton Rouge - www.brac.org
- Louisiana Department of Education: www.louisianaschools.net
- Louisiana School Directories:
Local Magazines and Websites:
Nola.com - www.nola.com
- Get the latest local, regional, and national breaking news. View daily Louisiana weather updates, watch videos and photos, learn about sports, entertainment, jobs, and more.
New Orleans City Business - www.neworleanscitybusiness.com
- Information about business trends and industry updates for the New Orleans Metropolitan Area.
225 Magazine - www.225batonrouge.com
- 225BatonRouge.com covers news, entertainment, and food in the Baton Rouge area, which has the area code "225."
Inside Northside - www.insidenorthside.com
- This bi-monthly magazine focuses on living, shopping, eating, and the overall community on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain.
Gambit Weekly - www.bestofneworleans.com
- Gambit is a local newspaper covering local politics, arts, music, restaurants, and shopping.
Recreation & Entertainment:
- Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries - www.wlf.louisiana.gov
- Audubon Golf - www.audubongolf.com
- Oak Alley Plantation - www.oakalleyplantation.com
- New Orleans Saints - www.neworleanssaints.com
- Hornets - www.hornets.com
- Zephyrs - www.zephyrsbaseball.com
- LSU Fan Guides - www.LSUsports.net/fanguide
New Orleans Metro Area:
New Orleans City Park - http://www.neworleanscitypark.com
- New Orleans Museum of Art, Carousel Gardens and Amusement Park, Storyland, and City Bark – Dog Park.
Audubon Nature Institute - www.auduboninstitute.org
- Great activities for the not only kids, but the whole family: The New Orleans Zoo, Aquarium, Insectarium, and IMAX theater.
Mahalia Jackson Theater - www.mahaliajacksontheater.com
- Performing Arts Theater which hosts Broadway plays, and other local and national musical and dance performances.
BREC - http://www.brec.org
- BREC operates public park and recreation facilities and programs throughout East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana. This site offers general information, park directory, and information on the nature, sports, and cultural programs.
- Blue Bayou Water Park and Dixie Landing Amusement Park - www.bluebayou.com
- Manship Theatre - www.manshiptheatre.org