Explore. . . Excite. . . Experience!
Girl Scout Brownies and Juniors from numerous troops throughout the New Orleans Metro Area visit Ochsner campuses each year as part of Ochsner’s annual Brownies Science in Action! Day and Girl Scouts Science Discovery! Day, in conjunction with Girl Scouts Louisiana East. The girls perform experiments, with the help of Ochsner employee volunteers from throughout the system, that align with Girl Scouts requirements and state learning standards. At the end of the day, each Girl Scout Brownie earns her Home Scientist Badge and each Girl Scout Junior earns her Science Discovery Patch.
Brownies Science in Action! Day
At last year's event 50 girls from 7 different troops participated, completing a group scavenger hunt and 4 science experiments to earn their Home Scientist Badges. Scientific topics covered included mass, density, states of matter, atoms, static electricity, and chemistry - all with a fun, creative twist to keep the girls engaged. Each girl not only earned her badge but had unique products to take home with her.
- The 2014 event will be head on Saturday, September 27, from 9:30am - 1:30pm, at Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner
Click here to download the registration form.
- Registration forms will be accepted by FAX ONLY. Fax completed forms to 504-842-3254.
- The event is open to Brownie troops ONLY through Girl Scouts Louisiana East
- Maximum number of Brownies accepted: 50
- Registration closes September 5 at 3pm, or when capacity is met.
- Troop acceptance is on a first-come, first-served basis, and this event fills fast.
- Fee: $10 per girl - includes lunch, patch, and experiments
For more information, please call the Ochsner Academic Outreach Office at 504.842.3237 or 504.842.5321or email firstname.lastname@example.org.