Traditional STAR Curriculum
Throughout the 5-week program, on average, each STAR Student Scholar
will interact with
- 12 research scientists and laboratory assistants
- 65+ MDs, PhDs and mid-level providers
- 55+ nurses and technologists
- 65+ professional nonclinical employees
will have educational access to
- 57+ clinical departments/health care specialties
- 40+ nonclinical/administrative departments
will receive over 200 hours of free healthcare and science education
- One set of 16 students will recieve a total of 3,280 hours of free medical and health care education in 6 weeks.
- The class of 2010 volunteered a total of 96 hours in 1 day to the Second Harvesters Food Bank.
- Since 2007 the STAR Student Scholars have represented 20 New Orleans Metro Area schools.
- From 2007 to 2010, females have represented 72.5% of the STAR Student Scholar demographic.