- Students get leg up in health care - NOLA.com
- Academic Division Expands Summer Science Program to More Students
- Ochsner Summer STAR Program Welcomes Students
- Students examining careers in medicine - NOLA.com
Ochsner Academic Community Outreach was awarded a $36,000 grant from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana to fund the 2009 Science, Technology, Academics, and Research (STAR) summer program for local high school students. This grant will cover the cost of numerous research supplies, classroom supplies, and, most impressively, a brand new Gel Documentation System that will provide technological advancements to the students while they are working in the iLab. This is the second year that Blue Cross Blue Shield has provided funding for the program. Without this partnership, the STAR program would not be able to provide the advanced and extensive programming that it does today.
- Students who shine in science get chance to work with pros - WWLTV
- Exploring careers in medicine - NOLA.com
Ryan Gupta, STAR Class of 2008, was awarded a $1,500 scholarship from Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans for his essay, written during the STAR program!