Dr. Aderonke Akingbola earned her medical degree from the University of Ibadan College of Medicine in Nigeria. She completed her rotational internship at Adeoyo General Hospital, Ibadan Nigeria before relocating to the United States. This was followed by a residency in Internal Medicine at St. John Hospital/Wayne State University, Detroit, MI. She then completed fellowship training at Tulane University Hospitals in New Orleans in 1999. Dr. Akingbola is board certified in Gastroenterology and has been on staff at Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner since October 2008.
- WDSU 6 On Call: Colon Cancer Screenings
- Aderonke Akingbola: Diverticulitis
Dr. Akingbola's expertise is in general Gastroenterology and Hepatology with special interest in Acid-Peptic diseases and therapeutic endoscopy.
ABIM - Gastroenterology
- Medical School: University of Ibadan College of Medicine, Nigeria
- Residency: Internal Medicine, St. John Hospital/Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology and Hepatology,Tulane University Hospitals, New Orleans