Dr. Bansal attended medical school in India at the Baroda Medical College. He completed his internship and General Surgery training at Henry Ford Hospital. He completed his Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He stayed to complete his advanced training in adult cardiac, heart, lung transplantation and assist devices at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Bansal was an Assistant Professor at the Unviersity of Pittsburgh before joining the Ochsner Clinic Foundation.
Dr. Bansal is board certified in both Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery. His areas of interest and expertise include adult cardiac surgery, heart failure, heart and lung transplantation and ventricular assist devices.
- Alfred’s Story: Total Artificial Heart Recipient
- Ochsner Implants 1st Total Artificial Heart in Father of 5
- Total Artificial Heart Surgery
- Total Artificial Heart Surgery Performed
Adult cardiac surgery, heart failure, heart and lung transplantation, percutaneous valves and ventricular devices
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Medical School: Baroda Medical College, India
- Internship: General Surgery - Henry Ford Hospital
- Residency: General Surgery - Henry Ford Hospital
- Fellowship: Cardiothoracic Surgery - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center; Advanced Adult Cardiac and Transplantation - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center