- Internal Medicine
Dr. Elizabeth I. McBurney graduated from University of Southwestern University in Lafayette, Louisiana in 1965 and Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1969. She is Board Certified in Dermatology and Internal Medicine, and is currently in private practice in Slidell, Louisiana. She also teaches one day of each week to the dermatology residents at the medical schools. Dr. McBurney is Director of the LSU Cutaneous Lymphoma Clinic in New Orleans, LA. She is Clinical Professor of Dermatology, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA and Tulane University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, LA.
Dr. McBurney also served as the following:
- Past President, American Dermatological Association, 2007-2008
- Past President, Women’s Dermatologic Association, President 2006-2007
- Past President, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, President 1996-1997
- Board of Directors, American Academy of Dermatology, 1994-1998
She is currently in practice in Slidell, LA, and is known internationally for her dermatologic laser surgery skills.
Dermatologic laser surgery
American Board of Dermatology
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical School: LSU
- Residency: Charity Hospital, New Orleans, LA - Dermatology
- Fellowship: University Hospital/Carney Hospital, Boston, MA - Internal Medicine