- Gastroenterology : Cancer Services
- Pancreatic Biliary Services / Advanced Endoscopy
Dr. Ricardo V. Romero earned his undergraduate degree from University of Puerto Rico in Humacao, Puerto Rico. Dr. Romero earned his medical degree from Ponce School of Medicine in Ponce, Puerto Rico. He completed his internship, residency in Internal Medicine, and a Gastroenterology & Nutrition fellowship at Norwalk Hospital which is affiliated with Yale University. Dr. Romero did an advanced biliary preceptorship in ERCP and trained in Double Balloon Enteroscopy at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA. Dr Romero also completed an advanced therapeutic fellowship in endoscopic ultrasound (EUS).
Dr. Romero is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology and has been on staff at Ochsner since February, 2008. Dr. Romero's special clinical interests include Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy, Pancreatobiliary Disease, Device Assisted Enteroscopy, Radiofrequency Ablation for Barrett's Esophagus, and Small Bowel Disease.
Dr Romero is fluent in Spanish.
Therapeutic Endoscopy, Pancreatobiliary Disease, Device Assisted Enteroscopy, Radiofrequency Ablation for Barrett's Esophagus, Small Bowel Disease, Endoscopic Ultrasound
American Board of Gastroenterology
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical School: Ponce School of Medicine in Ponce, Puerto Rico
- Internship: Norwalk Hospital affiliated with Yale University
- Residency: Norwalk Hospital affiliated with Yale University
- Fellowship: Norwalk Hospital affiliated with Yale University