- Neuroendocrine Tumor Program
- General Surgery
- Liver Surgery
- Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
Dr. Wang finished his dental training first in Taiwan. He then entered the graduate program in oral/general pathology at OHSU in Portland Oregon where he obtained his MD degree. He then went to Barnes Hospital/ Washington University Surgical Residency Program in St. Louis, Missouri where he received world class surgical oncology discipline under numerous renowned surgeons. He joined faculty at LSUMC New Orleans in 1994. Before Katrina, he served as Chief of General Surgery and Director of Surgical Education and ran the surgical care to indigent patients in Louisiana. After Katrina, he relocated and joined the group at Ochsner Kenner to serve Neuroendocrine patients from all over the country.
To read Dr. Wang 's full C.V. or to visit Dr. Wang 's LSU website click here.
Associate Professor of Surgery, LSU Health Sciences Center
Neuroendocrine tumors and all other cancers including cancer of the liver, pancreas, esophagus, stomach, intestine, colon/rectum, soft tissue, retroperitoneal and melanoma.
American Board of Surgery
- Medical School: Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon
- Internship: Washington University School of Medicine/Barnes Hospital - General Surgery
- Residency: Washington University School of Medicine/Barnes Hospital - General Surgery
- Fellowship: Oregon Health Sciences University - General Pathology