Community Training Center
The Ochsner Community Training Center signed a contract with the American Heart Association to be an authorized Training Center in 1998.
Our mission is to strengthen the Chain of Survival in the population we serve by providing high quality, effective life support training worthy of regional and national recognition.
We provide support and quality control to over 1200 AHA instructors as well as over 33 Training Sites covering a geographical area including Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
American Heart Association Classroom Training Courses
AHA Traditional ACLS, BLS and PALS classroom courses available as needed. Both Provider and Instructor courses offered.
HeartCode ACLS / HeartCode BLS / HeartCode PALS
Cognitive portion offered on-line at your own pace. Skills check-off available by appointment. Call 504-842-6684 to schedule.
For additional information, contact the CTC at 504-842-6684.
Meet our Staff:
- Kay Eddleman, BLS Regional and Training Center Faculty. Kay supervises all aspects of the CTC.
- Tabitha Farr, CTC Program Coordinator, is BLS Training Center Faculty. Tabitha works with Instructors and Training Site coordinators to ensure that all AHA guidelines are being met.
- Melissa Brown, Department Secretary, is BLS Training Center Faculty. Melissa processes AHA rosters and is instrumental in the day to day operations of the CTC.
- Karol McGovern, Department Secretary, is the primary contact for the CTC. Karol is instrumental in the day to day operations of the CTC.
- Janis Sita, RN, CTC Trainer, is ACLS, BLS, and PALS Regional and Training Center Faculty. Janis teaches AHA courses for the CTC