At Ochsner, we believe everyone deserves access to quality healthcare.
For Frequently Asked Questions about the Marketplace, click here.
Do you need help with the health insurance marketplace application process?
Attend a Champion for Coverage Educational Session. Click here for our calendar of upcoming sessions.
Health Insurance Marketplace Information
At Ochsner, we believe everyone deserves access to quality healthcare. With the opening of the health insurance marketplace on October 1, 2013, you will now be able shop online for an affordable health insurance plan that best fits your needs.
What is the health insurance “marketplace”?
The health insurance marketplace, also referred to as the “exchange”, is a website where individuals can compare and purchase health insurance plans. Some individuals will be eligible for subsidies, based on their income levels. The plans in the marketplace will be organized into 4 tiers – bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. These plans may differ in the details of their coverage, but they must all cover the same set of essential benefits beginning January 2014:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment (which includes counseling and psychotherapy)
- Prescription drugs
- Laboratory services
- Rehabilitative and rehabilitative services and devices
- Preventive & wellness services, and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care
educational session schedules
Important Health Insurance Marketplace Dates
- Open enrollment begins on October 1, 2013
- Coverage can begin as soon as January 1, 2014
- Open enrollment ends on March 31, 2014