Ochsner Baton Rouge delivers quality healthcare for families throughout our region. With our 140-bed hospital, six health centers and team of more than 300 skilled physicians, Ochsner is known for comprehensive, convenient care. Ochsner accepts most insurance plans including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Medicare, United Healthcare and many more!
At our fully accredited hospital at I-12 and O'Neal Lane, we offer all-private rooms, 24-hour emergency care, newly renovated Family Birthing Center and alternate deliveries, such as water births and the area’s only certified nurse midwife program. Nine of the forty-seven Ochsner Registered Nurses named among the 2013 “Great 100 Nurses of Louisiana” are working at Ochsner Medical Center of Baton Rouge facilities.
The hospital has advanced specialty care such as open-heart surgery and orthopedic procedures. Ochsner Baton Rouge physicians were the first in the region to offer robotic-assisted surgery and high-definition endoscopy. Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge has been designated a Gyn Epicenter for the da Vinci® Surgical System.
With health centers throughout the Greater Baton Rouge area and Livingston Parish, we have primary care physicians, pediatricians and specialists who offer same/next day appointments.
Extended hours urgent care is also available at Ochsner Health Center - Bluebonnet, Monday-Friday until 8 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Ochsner Health Center - Bluebonnet (9001 Summa Avenue) is located across from the Mall of Louisiana off of Bluebonnet Boulevard and I-10.
Same day appointments are also available. What time works for you? Call 225-761-5200 to make an appointment. With hundreds of doctors at 38 health centers, Ochsner makes it easy for you to start feeling better, faster. (*Monday-Friday, some Saturday appointments, primary care and some specialty appointments.)
With excellent patient satisfaction scores and commitment to our community, Ochsner Baton Rouge stands for healthcare with peace of mind.
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge is pleased to offer labor and delivery services at the new Family Birthing Center. Our team of certified nurse midwives and OB/GYNs provide moms to be and their families a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere to welcome their new addition, all within a full service, acute-care hospital. Alternative birthing options including birthing tubs, stools and chairs are available.
The newly opened Family Birthing Center
features the following:
- 6 labor and delivery rooms
- 2 built-in birthing tubs
- 2 cesarean rooms
- Level III NICU
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge also offers:
Keep up to date on the latest health news at Ochsner Baton Rouge.
Read more on our Health Net Blog.
- Sep 09, 2013 - Ochsner Health System Installs Leading GE Healthcare PET/CT Scanners in Fight Against Cancer
- Nov 06, 2013 - Baton Rouge Nurses Honored by “100 Great Nurses”
- Nov 04, 2013 - CARECHEX® NAMES OCHSNER NUMBER TWO IN THE NATION IN OVERALL HOSPITAL CARE
- Oct 30, 2013 - Shift Workers/Chronically Sleep Deprived May Struggle with Time Changes
- Oct 29, 2013 - 35 OCHSNER CLINICS ACHIEVE STAGE 6 DESIGNATION FROM HIMSS ANALYTICS
To view the video, click the PLAY button above.
To view more videos on this topic, click here.
or use the scroll button on the left.
Services offered at Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Diabetes Management: Baton Rouge
- Digestive Care - Ochsner Baton Rouge
- Electrophysiology and Pacing
- Emergency Services
- Family Birthing Center – Ochsner Baton Rouge
- Golden Opportunity
- Gynecologic Robotic Surgery
- Head & Neck Imaging
- Heart & Vascular Services
- Heart Failure
- Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program: Your Last Diet
- Interventional Cardiology Program
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Non-Invasive Imaging
- Nutrition Therapy: Medical
- Ochsner Critical Care Telemedicine Program
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Prenatal Classes/Childbirth Education
- Pulmonary Services
- Robotics Surgery
- Sleep Disorders
- Vascular Medicine
- Women's Services