Ochsner Baton Rouge delivers quality healthcare for families throughout our region. With our 151-bed hospital, 13 health centers and team of more than 300 skilled physicians, Ochsner is known for comprehensive, convenient care. Ochsner accepts 47+ insurance plans including, but not limited to, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Medicare, United Healthcare and many more!
At our fully accredited hospital at I-12 and O'Neal Lane, we offer all-private rooms, 24-hour emergency care, newly renovated Family Birthing Center and alternate deliveries, such as water births and the area’s only certified nurse midwife program. The hospital has advanced specialty care such as open-heart surgery and orthopedic procedures. Ochsner Baton Rouge physicians were the first in the region to offer robotic-assisted surgery and high-definition endoscopy. Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge has been designated a Gyn Epicenter for the da Vinci® Surgical System.
With health centers throughout the Greater Baton Rouge area and Livingston Parish, we have primary care physicians, pediatricians and specialists who offer same/next day appointments.
Extended urgent care hours are available at 3 following convenient lcoations. Walk-ins Welcome! No appointment is necessary.
- Ochsner Health Center - Summa (located at 9001 Summa Avenue) is open Monday - Friday until 8 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Ochsner Health Center - Prairievile (located at 16220 Airline Highway) provides services Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m.- 3 p.m
- Ochsner Health Center - Denham Springs South (located at 139 Veterans Blvd.) provides services Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Same day appointments are also available. What time works for you? Call 225-761-5200 to make an appointment. With hundreds of doctors at several health centers, Ochsner makes it easy for you to feel better, faster. (*Monday-Friday, some Saturday appointments, primary care and some specialty appointments.)
With excellent patient satisfaction scores and commitment to our community, Ochsner Baton Rouge stands for healthcare with peace of mind.
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge is pleased to offer labor and delivery services at the new Family Birthing Center. Our team of certified nurse midwives and OB/GYNs provide moms to be and their families a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere to welcome their new addition, all within a full service, acute-care hospital. Alternative birthing options including birthing tubs, stools and chairs are available.
The newly opened Family Birthing Center
features the following:
- 6 labor and delivery rooms
- 2 built-in birthing tubs
- 2 cesarean rooms
- Level III NICU
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge also offers:
Services offered at Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Diabetes Management: Baton Rouge
- Digestive Care - Ochsner Baton Rouge
- Electrophysiology and Pacing
- Emergency Services
- Family Birthing Center – Ochsner Baton Rouge
- Golden Opportunity
- Gynecologic Robotic Surgery
- Head & Neck Imaging
- Heart & Vascular Services
- Heart Failure
- Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program: Your Last Diet
- Interventional Cardiology Program
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Non-Invasive Imaging
- Nutrition Therapy: Medical
- Ochsner Critical Care Telemedicine Program
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Prenatal Classes/Childbirth Education
- Pulmonary Services
- Robotics Surgery
- Sleep Disorders
- Vascular Medicine
- Women's Services