Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge's 100-acre campus is conveniently located at I-12 and O'Neal Lane. Our fully accredited facility provides patients the comforts of home with more than 200 beds - all in private rooms. In addition, patients have access to an outstanding staff including over 300 physicians and the area's most dedicated nurses. To truly serve our patients we are committed to offering the latest in medical technology.
Did you know that Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge:
- Was the first to offer robotic surgery. Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge has been named a GYN Epicenter for robotic assisted gynecological surgeries. In addition, Ochsner surgeons are performing a range of general surgeries with the assistance of the robot.
- Was the first to offer the latest in high-definition endoscopy, providing the physician with a clearer image and thus, a better, more reliable diagnosis.
- Now offers open heart surgery.
Moms to be can also count on the new Family Birthing Center at Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge to help them welcome their new additions. The new $7 million center offers a range of alternative birthing options as well as a dedicated staff of certified nurse midwives and OB/GYNs. Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge also has a fully-staffed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) that is directed by a team of board certified neonatologists and supported by an experienced group of neonatal nurse practitioners prepared to provide the most intensive care for your newborn.
The Family Birthing Center features the following:
- 6 labor and delivery rooms
- 2 built-in birthing tubs
- 2 cesarean rooms
- Level III NICU
- A range of child birth classes
At Ochsner, you can have healthcare with peace of mind. We are here to serve the Baton Rouge community and want patients to be confident in their choice to come to Ochsner and comfortable and secure with the care they receive. To find a physician call the Physician Referral Line at 1-866-377-8664.