A Department of Ochsner Medical Center
Ochsner Kenner brings advanced healthcare close to home. We offer this area’s only full-service community hospital as well as three conveniently located health centers. With quality outpatient care, specialized physicians and medical services unique to the region, Ochsner Kenner serves local families while attracting patients from around the world.
Since opening in 1985, Ochsner Medical Center – Kenner has the advantages of a large urban medical center in a community setting. With 24-hour Level II emergency care, maternity/women’s services, an advanced- technology Outpatient Diagnostic and Therapy Center, and a renowned Wound Care and Hyperbarics program, the hospital has partnerships with LSU, intensive care, heart and orthopedic programs and innovations such as the bronchial thermoplasty procedure for asthma. Ochsner Kenner also offers one of only five Neuroendocrine Tumor Programs in the U.S.
At our health centers, Ochsner provides skilled physicians – primary care to specialists, including nationally renowned medical leaders – to everyone in your family. Same/next-day appointments are available, and we accept all major insurance plans.
Diabetes Management Center
Diabetes is more common than most people realize. In fact, 7 percent of the population suffers from diabetes and nearly one-third of these do not know they have the disease.
The Diabetes Management Center, accredited by the American Diabetes Association, works to inform our community about the disease, prevent diabetes and help persons manage diabetes so they can live as healthfully as possible and avoid complications.
While there is no cure, diabetes can be managed. Education is key to helping people with diabetes stay healthy from head to toe.
The staff, which includes a diabetes nurse educator and a registered dietitian, leads classes that serve as a comprehensive self-management program covering topics such as keeping blood sugar at safe levels.
A physician referral is necessary for the center. To learn more, call 504-464-8646.
Outpatient Diagnostic Center
Our Outpatient Diagnostic Center, located on first floor of the medical office building, is equipped with advanced technology providing a comprehensive range of services, including:
- CT scans
- Digital Mammography
- Bone Densitometry
- EKG/Echo/Stress Tests
- Nuclear Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Laboratory Testing
- Scheduled Pre-op Testing
Saturday Appointments Now Available
1st Saturday each month, 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
We are pleased to offer Saturday screening appointments for digital mammograms, ultrasounds, and non-contrast MRIs on the first Saturday of every month, from 9 a.m. to noon.
A centralized call center makes scheduling appointments at the Outpatient Diagnostic Center easy. To learn more click here, or call 504-712-2800.
The Neuroendocrine Tumor Program:
An affiliation between LSU and Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner Click here for more information
- Sep 09, 2013 - Ochsner Health System Installs Leading GE Healthcare PET/CT Scanners in Fight Against Cancer
- Nov 04, 2013 - CARECHEX® NAMES OCHSNER NUMBER TWO IN THE NATION IN OVERALL HOSPITAL CARE
- Oct 31, 2013 - Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner Hosts Special Event for Expectant Moms
- Oct 29, 2013 - 35 OCHSNER CLINICS ACHIEVE STAGE 6 DESIGNATION FROM HIMSS ANALYTICS
- Oct 22, 2013 - Eat Fit NOLA Partners with American Heart Association for National Eating Healthy Day
To view the video, click the PLAY button above.
To view more videos on this topic, click here.
or use the scroll button on the left.
Services offered at Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner
- Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology: About
- Blood Bank
- Bronchial Thermoplasty
- Community Outreach Services
- Consultative Clinical Cardiology
- CT Scans
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Digestive Disorders Center
- Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT)
- Electrophysiology and Pacing
- Elmwood Fitness Center
- Emergency Services
- Family Birthing Center – Kenner
- Family Medicine
- Gall Bladder Removal and Hernia Repair
- General Pediatrics
- General Surgery
- Heart & Vascular Services
- Home Health
- Hospital Medicine
- Hyperbarics & Wound Care
- Infusion Services at Ochsner
- Intensive Care Unit
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology Program
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Men's Health
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Neuroendocrine Tumor Program
- Non-Invasive Imaging
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ochsner Critical Care Telemedicine Program
- Ophthalmology & Optometry
- Outpatient Diagnostic Center - Kenner
- Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Prenatal Classes/Childbirth Education
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Services
- Small Bowel Disease
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery Center at OMC-Kenner
- Vascular Medicine
- Women's Services
- Wound Care & Hyperbarics
- Wound Care Services