“As a non-profit, academic medical institution, Ochsner understands the importance of putting patients first. That’s why Chabert Medical Center will continue to provide safety-net services that are critical to the tri-parish area just as it has been doing for more than 36 years. The team at Chabert is committed to ensuring that the highest quality of care and physician training are maintained in our region.”
Leonard J. Chabert Medical Center (LJCMC) opened its doors in 1978 as a teaching hospital, providing quality healthcare services for all who seek care, regardless of the ability to pay. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, LJCMC is a full-service institution for inpatient services with extensive outpatient services.
LJCMC participates in the evidence-based LSU Disease Management Program which manages chronic diseases with a wellness model based on preventive care and patient education. The hospital consistently receives Louisiana Hospital Awards from the Louisiana Health Care Review (LHCR). In October 2010, LJCMC was invited to be a permanent site host for the American Cancer Society, serving as a resource center for oncology patients.
LJCMC is nationally recognized as a Patient Centered Medical Home. The primary care clinics are accredited through the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). A valued feature of the outpatient service is emphasis on patients knowing who their primary provider is with a solid relationship to improve wellness initiatives and healthcare outcomes.
The hospital continually strives to meet the ever-changing healthcare needs of its diverse patient population and to be a community-based medical center that is value driven and in the forefront of healthcare delivery, education, and practice.
Specialty Services at Chabert
- Bilateral Tubal Ligation:
- CPR for Family & Friends™:
- Interferon Therapy:
- Medical Nutrition Therapy:
- Renal Beginnings:
- Tobacco Control Initiative:
- Accepting most insurance plans
Quality Care for your Heart is Close to Home
- Access to modern technology and diagnostic cardiology services
- Most insurance plans accepted
- Nov 06, 2013 - “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” Recognition from The Joint Commission
- Oct 09, 2013 - 47 Ochsner Nurses Named Among 2013 “Great 100 Nurses of Louisiana”
- May 01, 2013 - May Birthday Luncheon
- May 01, 2013 - May Employee Of The Month
- Apr 30, 2013 - Diabetes and Wellness Education Program