Ochsner North Shore has grown to a regional healthcare network providing comprehensive care and specialties. Ochsner offers an entire network of advanced healthcare services conveniently located on the North Shore.
“We’re proud to offer a modern Regional Medical Center in Slidell, health centers, an integrated network of skilled physicians and specialists, and many more services to help keep our entire region healthy.”
“Ochsner North Shore recently upgraded our electronic medical record (EMR) software to help our physicians and nurses take even better care of our patients, and we're working to empower our patients to become better partners in their healthcare. With an all-new MyOchsner and convenient After Visit Summaries for each clinic visit, patients can be more involved in their care.”
Ochsner Medical Center – North Shore is a modern full-service regional medical center in Slidell with a network of over 300 physicians and specialists who deliver integrated care. It features North Shore’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), maternity care, open-heart surgery, 24-hour advanced emergency care and rehabilitation center equipped with Louisiana’s only Lokomat robotic treadmill.
We also have ten health centers staffed by leading primary care, pediatric and specialty physicians. Ochsner’s 98,500 sq. ft. health center at Interstate-12 and Highway 21 in Covington delivers a wide range of outpatient services by skilled physicians. Women's services and well care are also available at our convenient health centers.
Known for specialty services such as the Pediatric Concussion Management Program, the areas only 23-hour outpatient surgery center with catheterization lab, orthopedic and sports medicine, Ochsner North Shore also has Children’s Health Center in Covington and Slidell and health centers in Mandeville, Slidell, Hammond and Abita Springs.
Ochsner North Shore accepts most major insurance plans and offers same-day and next-day appointments. (*Monday-Friday, some Saturday appointments, primary care and some specialty appointments.)
Specialty Services Moving into Ochsner Specialty Health Center – Slidell
Effective February 18, 2013, the following clinical specialty offices are moving to the Ochsner Medical Center – North Shore Medical Office Building (Ochsner Specialty Health Center – Slidell), located at 1850 Gause Blvd., East, Suites 101 & 202:
- Colon and Rectal Surgery – Suite 101
- Gastroenterology – Suite 202
- General Surgery – Suite 202
- Neurology – Suite 101
- Neurosurgery – Suite 101
- Physical Medicine and Rehab – Suite 101
- Obstetrics and Gynecology – Suite 202
- Psychiatry – Suite 101
- Urology – Suite 101
This move gives you convenient access to a variety of specialties all in one location close to the hospital, radiology, laboratory, and a variety of Ochsner services. That’s healthcare with peace of mind.
Ochsner North Shore Pediatric Services
- Same-day/ next-day appointments available
- Male and female pediatricians
- Convenient locations
- Ochsner quality pediatric specialties, such as cardiology and surgery
- The North Shore’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
Pediatrics, like a child is unique. Treating children requires special skills, medication, equipment and facilities. Our Pediatric Services are designed and sized just for children. We know how to ease children’s fears and help them feel better about their medical treatment.
- Feb 27, 2013 - OCHSNER IMPLANTS FIRST TOTAL ARTIFICIAL HEART IN THE GULF SOUTH REGION
- Apr 24, 2013 - OCHSNER IMPLANTS FIRST TOTAL ARTIFICIAL HEART IN FATHER OF FIVE AS BRIDGE TO HEART TRANSPLANT
- Apr 01, 2013 - Multi-Organ Transplant Institute Ranked 1st Nationally in 2012 Liver & Kidney-Pancreas Transplants
- Mar 19, 2013 - Ochsner North Shore Golden Opportunity Program Announces the April Events Calendar
- Mar 05, 2013 - OCHSNER HEALTH SYSTEM BRINGS CARDIOLOGY CLINIC SERVICES BACK TO NEW ORLEANS EAST