Ochsner Hospital For Children
A Department of Ochsner Medical Center
Make sure your children always have the care they need by choosing Ochsner Hospital For Children.
From rare brain tumors and leukemia to heart conditions and organ transplants, we offer a level of pediatric care unmatched in Louisiana and more advanced capabilities than any other children’s hospital in New Orleans. Plus, our children’s-only ER is equipped to handle any pediatric emergency.
- 49-bed inpatient hospital dedicated exclusively to children’s healthcare
- Conveniently located on the Ochsner Medical Center campus on Jefferson Highway
- A level of pediatric care unmatched in Louisiana offering more than 30 pediatric specialties such as pediatric gastroenterology, pediatric hematology/oncology, pediatric cardiology, pediatric pulmonology and more
- Part of Ochsner Health System, with hospitals ranked among the best in the nation for clinical quality and patient safety
- Bookmark Ochsner.org/ER to view wait times
- Dedicated waiting area just for the Children’s ER
- Specially-trained pediatric emergency room doctors
- Pediatric specialists and subspecialists you can’t find anywhere else in the region
- Intensive care unit just for children
- Warm and caring environment created especially for children and families
We Always Stay Up Late
- Not sure if it’s an emergency or if you need a clinic appointment? Call Ochsner On Call at 800-231-5257 24-hours seven days a week and speak with a physician or nurse to determine the best care options for your child.