A Department of Ochsner Medical Center
Ochsner Children’s Health Center – Covington provides general pediatric care of the highest quality from birth through 18 years. Patient satisfaction and excellent health care are the primary goals at Ochsner. The entire Covington Pediatric staff earnestly strives to meet patients’ needs with concern, respect, and professionalism. Our pediatricians are all certified by the American Board of Pediatrics or are in the process of becoming so. Same day or next day appointments are readily available.
Routine and urgent appointments can be scheduled by calling 985-809-5800 during regular office hours, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- In consideration of other patients also scheduled to see physicians, please arrive 10 to 15 minutes early for your appointment.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please make every effort to notify the staff at the health center 24-hours in advance.
To keep your appointment waiting time to a minimum, please assist the staff at the health center by doing the following:
- Check-in 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Bring your appointment slip and any other paperwork received from Ochsner.
- Have your insurance information available.
- Be prepared to make your co-payment (if applicable).
- Please advise the receptionist if you need to leave the waiting area for any reason.
- New patients should bring immunization records if available.
NOTE: Please bring your insurance card to each visit to ensure we have the most current information. If Ochsner is contracted to provide care by your insurance company, then Ochsner will file all claims on your behalf.
Please make sure that you have given our Registration Receptionist your most current insurance information and that your primary care provider listed with Ochsner is correct. Ochsner will submit the needed information to your insurance to get the authorizations that you need.
Abnormal Lab results will be reported to you by phone as soon as results are received. If staff is unable to reach you, mail notification will be sent. “Normal” Labs will be discussed as arranged by your physician.
If you are in need of a prescription refill, we ask that you please call your pharmacy for all refill requests, except for controlled substances such as stimulant medications. Call the office regarding these. If your pharmacist has a question, they will call our office. Prescription refill requests from your pharmacy must be received by Ochsner at least three (3) working days prior to your running out of medication. Without three (3) working days notice, Ochsner cannot guarantee that your medication will be ready before your current medication runs out.
CALLING YOUR DOCTOR
Sometimes your physician or the nurse is unable to take your call because they are treating other patients. In these cases, the receptionist will take a message and send it to the nurse. Depending on the nature of the call, the physician or nurse, will return your message as soon as possible, usually within a few hours. Phone calls are returned during the course of the day. Some of Ochsner‘s physicians do not hold clinic hours every day. It is helpful for you to learn the days your physician is in. Please call for routine questions, forms, results and refills on days when your physician is in clinic so they may be addressed personally. Non-urgent requests may be deferred until your physician is available.
- Nov 04, 2013 - CARECHEX® NAMES OCHSNER NUMBER TWO IN THE NATION IN OVERALL HOSPITAL CARE
- Oct 29, 2013 - 35 OCHSNER CLINICS ACHIEVE STAGE 6 DESIGNATION FROM HIMSS ANALYTICS
- Oct 28, 2013 - OCHSNER CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER RECEIVES AWARD FROM AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
- Oct 21, 2013 - PARTNERSHIP WITH NEW ORLEANS PELICANS TO LAUNCH JUNIOR TRAINING CAMP
- Oct 14, 2013 - Bonnabel Magnet Academy Wins Alliance for a Healthier Generation Bronze Award
To view the video, click the PLAY button above.
To view more videos on this topic, click here.
or use the scroll button on the left.