A Department of Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge
Ochsner Health Center – Summa, a multi-specialty group practice, offers patients the benefit of easy access to primary care providers and specialists in the same location.
This facility opened its doors more than 20 years ago and has continued providing patients quality health care since then. This facility, located off of Bluebonnet Blvd., serves as the main health center in the Baton Rouge region, with more than 100 health care providers taking on in excess of 275,000 clinic visits each year.
In addition, whether in Baton Rouge or any of the other Ochsner locations throughout Louisiana, Ochsner stays up-to-date with your medical information through our integrated electronic medical record system. Electronic medical records provide your physician access to your information from any location, eliminating the need to bring records from facility to facility and reducing the risk for lost paper records.
Same Day Appointments Available
What time works for you? Call 225-761-5200 to make an appointment.
With hundreds of doctors at over 40 health centers, Ochsner makes it easy for you to start feeling better, faster.
Urgent Care/Walk-In Clinic Appointments Available
Extended hours urgent care/walk-in clinic appointments are also available at this location.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Hours of Operation
Extended urgent care hours are from 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. on Monday thru Friday and 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on Saturday.
We are closed on Sundays.
Ochsner Health Center - Summa is located at 9001 Summa Avenue in Baton Rouge, across from the Mall of Louisiana off of Bluebonnet Boulevard and easy access to I-10.
Additional Baton Rouge Locations
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, located at I-12 and O'Neal Lane, is an award-winning, fully accredited hospital with 24 hour emergency care, a newly renovated Family Birthing Center and advanced specialty care such as open-heart surgery.
Ochsner Health Center – O’Neal Lane offers appointments in numerous specialties and additional physicians to provide more comprehensive care in one location, on the campus of Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge at I-12 and O’Neal Lane.
Insurance We Accept
- Aetna Health Inc. PPO/POS
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
- CIGNA HealthCare of Louisiana
- CorVel Corporation PPO/WC
- Coventry HealthCare of Louisiana
- DMA PPO (Diagnostics Management)
- Employers Health Network
- First Health Network PPO/WC
- GEHA PPO USA (Government Employees)
- Humana HMO/PPO/POS
- Humana Gold Plus/Humana Choice (Medicare Advantage)
- Louisiana Workers Compensation
- Multiplan/Private Health Care Systems/American LifeCare
- Office of Group Benefits PPO/EPO
- National Preferred Provider Network
- TriCare/CHAMPUS/Humana Military
- UnitedHealthcare of Louisiana
Important Telephone Numbers
- Main Line: 225-761-5200
- Urgent Care After Hours Clinic: 225-761-5200
- Allergy 225-761-5272
- Audiology 225-761-5501
- Breast Screening: 225-761-5519
- Cardiology 225-761-5370
- Dermatology 225-761-5413
- Family Practice: 225-761-5480
- Gastroenterology: 225-761-5219
- General Internal Medicine: 225-761-5414
- Hematology/Oncology: 225-761-5410
- Laboratory: 225-761-5389
- Nephrology: 225-761-5763
- Neurology: 225-761-5980
- Otolaryngology: 225-761-5402
- OB/GYN: 225-761-5239
- Ophthalmology: 225-761-5400
- Optometry: 225-761-5400
- Orthopedics: 225-761-5479
- Pediatrics: 225-761-5405
- Physical Medicine: 225-761-5484
- Physical Therapy: 225-761-5325
- Podiatry: 225-761-5500
- Psychiatry: 225-761-5820
- Pulmonary: 225-761-5271
- Radiology: 225-761-5380
- Rheumatology: 225-761-5481
- Sleep Health: 225-761-5563
- Surgery: 225-761-5470
- Urology: 225-761-5416
Baton Rouge providers work closely with physicians at other regional locations and Ochsner’s facilities in New Orleans to provide comprehensive patient care. Because Ochsner is the largest private health care system in the state, patients and physicians have access to a wider range of resources.
Ochsner Health Center - Summa offers a range of services, from cardiology and cancer treatment to obstetrics and gynecology. The cardiology department features several physicians and nurse practitioners who are dedicated to ensuring your heart's health. These physicians also stay active in the community by regularly participating in educational programs.
Ochsner's oncology department employs a coordinated approach to cancer care, with physicians working together across specialties to provide comprehensive care. Physicians stay up-to-date on the latest in cancer treatment options that may benefit patients. In addition, the department is active in the community through participation in events such as the Komen Race for the Cure and the Denham Springs Relay for Life. Breast cancer patients and survivors can also take advantage of the Hope Chests Support Group, which strives to help patients adapt and cope with their illness by sharing with others.
Ochsner's obstetrics and gynecology department is on the cutting edge of women's services in the Baton Rouge region. Ochsner physicians were among the first in the area to offer minimally-invasive gynecological surgery with the assistance of the da Vinci robotic surgery system. Ochsner was also among the first to offer water birthing and a full service mid-wife as an option to expectant mothers.
To view the video, click the PLAY button above.
To view more videos on this topic, click here.
or use the scroll button on the left.
Services offered at Ochsner Health Center - Summa (Bluebonnet Blvd.)
- Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology: About
- Cancer Services
- Diabetes Management: Baton Rouge
- Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT)
- Family Medicine
- Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program: Your Last Diet
- Nutrition Therapy: Medical
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ophthalmology & Optometry
- Optical Shop
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Primary Care
- Psychiatry & Mental Health Services
- Pulmonary Services
- Sleep Disorders