At our fully accredited hospital at I-12 and O'Neal Lane, we offer all-private rooms, 24-hour emergency care, newly renovated Family Birthing Center and alternate deliveries, such as water births and the area’s only certified nurse midwife program. Nine of the forty-seven Ochsner Registered Nurses named among the 2013 “Great 100 Nurses of Louisiana” are working at Ochsner Medical Center of Baton Rouge facilities.
The hospital has advanced specialty care such as open-heart surgery and orthopedic procedures. Ochsner Baton Rouge physicians were the first in the region to offer robotic-assisted surgery and high-definition endoscopy. Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge has been designated a Gyn Epicenter for the da Vinci® Surgical System.
With health centers throughout the Greater Baton Rouge area and Livingston Parish, we have primary care physicians, pediatricians and specialists who offer same/next day appointments.
Extended hours urgent care is available at Ochsner Health Center - Bluebonnet, (located at 9001 Summa Avenue, across from the Mall of Louisiana off of Bluebonnet Boulevard and I-10) Monday-Friday until 8 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Ochsner Health Center - Prairievile services Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
Same day appointments are also available. What time works for you? Call 225-761-5200 to make an appointment. With hundreds of doctors at 38 health centers, Ochsner makes it easy for you to start feeling better, faster. (*Monday-Friday, some Saturday appointments, primary care and some specialty appointments.)
With excellent patient satisfaction scores and commitment to our community, Ochsner Baton Rouge stands for healthcare with peace of mind.
- Mar 13, 2014 - March 19 is National Kick Butts Day
- Mar 13, 2014 - OCHSNER BATON ROUGE NAMES NEW CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER - CLINIC OPERATIONS
- Feb 17, 2014 - 2 Ochsner Campuses Recognized As Top 5% Nationwide In Hospital Quality Clinical Excellence
- Jan 17, 2014 - CARECHEX® NAMES OCHSNER #1 IN BATON ROUGE, TOP 10 PERCENT IN NATION FOR HOSPITAL AND SURGICAL CARE
- Dec 04, 2013 - OCHSNER INVITES COMMUNITY TO MEMORIALIZE LOVED ONES ON TREE OF LIFE
To view the video, click the PLAY button above.
To view more videos on this topic, click here.
or use the scroll button on the left.
Services offered at Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Diabetes Management: Baton Rouge
- Digestive Care - Ochsner Baton Rouge
- Electrophysiology and Pacing
- Emergency Services
- Family Birthing Center – Ochsner Baton Rouge
- Golden Opportunity
- Gynecologic Robotic Surgery
- Head & Neck Imaging
- Heart & Vascular Services
- Heart Failure
- Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program: Your Last Diet
- Interventional Cardiology Program
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Non-Invasive Imaging
- Nutrition Therapy: Medical
- Ochsner Critical Care Telemedicine Program
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Prenatal Classes/Childbirth Education
- Pulmonary Services
- Robotics Surgery
- Sleep Disorders
- Vascular Medicine
- Women's Services