Ochsner Medical Center is located near uptown New Orleans and includes acute and sub-acute facilities; centers of excellence Ochsner Cancer Institute, Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Center and Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute. Ochsner employs over 600 physicians in 80 medical specialties and subspecialties.
Ochsner was ranked one of the “Best Places to Work” by New Orleans CityBusiness in 2005, 2006 and 2007 and received the Consumer Choice for Healthcare in New Orleans for 12 consecutive years. Ochsner was ranked as “Best” Hospital by U.S. News and World Report in 2007. Ochsner Health System is a non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare system. Our commitment to patient care, education and research, and our unique coordinated neighborhood-based system that provides healthcare with peace of mind by putting the needs of all patients first. Ochsner continuously meets the ever-changing needs of our patients and community through electronically-linked hospitals and health centers. Our patient’s electronic medical records are available from any Ochsner location allowing for the most consistent patient care, both for routine health needs and more complex medical conditions. As a 473-bed acute care hospital, it offers the opportunity to learn and provide patient care at a Magnet facility with three Centers of Excellence, all the while gaining exposure to complex medical cases. This campus is also one of six training sites in the world for robotic surgery and is nationally-renown for many skilled physicians.
Thank you for choosing Ochsner Health System. Our goal is to provide you with respectful, compassionate, quality care. Click on the listing below to learn more on any of our featured specialties at Ochsner Medical Center.
- Mar 12, 2013 - OCHSNER MEDICAL CENTER PERFORMS FIRST IN UTERO SURGERY IN GULF SOUTH REGION
- Feb 27, 2013 - OCHSNER IMPLANTS FIRST TOTAL ARTIFICIAL HEART IN THE GULF SOUTH REGION
- May 20, 2013 - Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute welcomes new Director of Transplant Clinical Research
- May 02, 2013 - OCHSNER NEUROSCIENCE INSTITUTE ACHIEVES LEVEL 4 EPILEPSY CENTER DESIGNATION
- Apr 24, 2013 - OCHSNER IMPLANTS FIRST TOTAL ARTIFICIAL HEART IN FATHER OF FIVE AS BRIDGE TO HEART TRANSPLANT
To view the video, click the PLAY button above.
To view more videos on this topic, click here.
or use the scroll button on the left.