The Ochsner St. Anne General Behavioral Health Center is a 10-bed inpatient acute psychiatric unit for adult patients (18 years of age or older). Services include psychiatric evaluations, individual and group therapy, recreational therapy and psychosocial, recreational and nursing assessments as well as medication stabilization in a therapeutic environment. Specifically, our unit helps patients with mental health conditions that may require the safety and structure of an acute-care hospital setting. Our unit is a closed unit within the facility of Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital. Our broad range of treatments, under the direction of staff psychiatrist, Anthony Bianco, M.D., a Board Certified Psychiatrist, are provided by nurses, social workers, activity therapists and dieticians as well as physical therapists and internal medicine physicians as necessary. Our objective is initial crisis stabilization followed by the transfer of the patient to a less restrictive care environment as soon as their condition safely and appropriately permits. Visitation to the unit is open Monday - Friday from 6-8 p.m., but visitors and callers must present a private patient identification number at the time of the call or visit in order to protect patient confidentiality. Stacie Good, RN, MN is the Behavioral Health Unit department manager and can be reached at 985-537-8292 or toll free at 1-800-793-0361.
- Feb 26, 2014 - ER Physician Offers Mardi Gras Safety Tips: Ochsner ER Is Ready for Carnival Season
- Feb 17, 2014 - 2 Ochsner Campuses Recognized As Top 5% Nationwide In Hospital Quality Clinical Excellence
- Dec 05, 2013 - Ochsner St. Anne Welcomes New Women’s Health Provider to the Community
- Dec 03, 2013 - Annual “Love Lights A Tree” Ceremony at Ochsner St. Anne
- Nov 06, 2013 - “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” Recognition from The Joint Commission
To view the video, click the PLAY button above.
To view more videos on this topic, click here.
or use the scroll button on the left.