Ochsner Health System is southeast Louisiana's largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system with eight hospitals and more than 40 health centers in Louisiana. At Ochsner, close collaboration between clinicians and scientists brings medical discoveries from the laboratory to the bedside. Ochsner is a leader in medical research with more than 300 ongoing research trials and 200 annual publications in medical literature.
An Award-Winning Care Provider
Ochsner Medical Center was recently ranked as one of US News & World Report's 50 "Best Hospitals in America" in SEVEN different categories - Heart & Heart Surgery, Ear, Nose & Throat, Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, Pulmonology, Gynecology, and Geriatrics. This is the tenth time Ochsner has been singled out from almost 5,000 U.S. hospitals for its exceptional medical care.
In March 2011, Ochsner Medical Center was recognized by US News & World Report as the top-ranked hospital in the New Orleans metropolitan area.
Ochsner Medical Center is a recipient of the 2011 HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical ExcellenceTM for the second year in a row. This award is given to the top 5% of U.S. hospitals, based on patient successes.
Also, for the second year in row, Ochsner Medical Center was named a Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals® National Benchmark Study winner and one of only 15 of the 2011 Major Teaching Hospitals award winners.
Ochsner Medical Center was also named an Everest Award winner. This award honors hospitals that have achieved both the highest current performance and the fastest long-term improvement over five years.
- Ochsner has received the Consumer Choice Award for healthcare in New Orleans for 15 consecutive years.
Delivering Comprehensive Healthcare
- Ochsner serves several hundred thousand patients at eight hospitals and 40 health centers.
- More than 2,000 Ochsner and community physicians practice in over 90 medical specialties and sub-specialties.
- Ochsner is renowned for technological advances and cutting-edge medical research.
Quality Healthcare with Peace of Mind
- Ochsner Health System's overall Risk Adjusted Mortality Index for Adult Discharges in 2009 was 0.54.
- The Expected Complication Rate Index for Adult Discharges at Ochsner Health System for 2009 was 0.76.
Regional Referral Center Hotline: 1-855-OHS-LINK (647-5465)