NEW ORLEANS, LA - Ochsner's New Years babies began their debuts at 3:25 a.m. on January 1, 2008 at Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner. A baby boy marked a positive trend for Ochsner's New Orleans hospitals as the bundle of joy weighed in at six pounds, 8.6 ounces. The proud parents are Alandria Alexis and Gregory Joseph, Jr. from Destrehan, LA.
Other Ochsner New Year's babies include:
- 7:33 a.m. at Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital in Raceland, LA, proud parents Jamie and Steven Rheam welcomed their third child, a baby boy named Rory weighing seven pounds, one ounce.
- 8:15 a.m. marked the first baby of 2008 at Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank in Gretna, LA. Two additional deliveries were celebrated at 12:23 pm and at 5:04 pm.
- 1:23 p.m. at Ochsner Medical Center on Jefferson Highway, Julie and Jeff Price of Morgan City, LA welcomed baby Avery Newton Price, weighing five pounds, 0.4 ounces.
In September 2007, Ochsner brought back obstetrical care to Kenner due to demand by both mothers and other hospital obstetrical units. The OMC-Kenner Labor and Delivery suites, Well-Baby Nursery and NICU and include fully-renovated, private rooms and the latest birthing techniques.
In October 2007, Ochsner St. Anne unveiled renovations to its Labor and Delivery Unit to better serve families of Lafourche Parish. The additional conveniences are geared toward families seeking a more intimate birth experience.
In December 2007, Ochsner on Jefferson Highway celebrated an obstetrical first for the hospital; delivering a set of quadruplets as well as two sets of triplets within a 36-hour time frame.
Ochsner offers obstetrical care at the following locations:
- Ochsner Medical Center, 1514 Jefferson Hwy.
- Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner
- Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank
- Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital