The Ochsner Alumni Association has more than 2,400 members who represent medical and surgical specialties, education, and research throughout the United States and internationally.
To develop strong bonds and create a sense of loyalty and commitment to Ochsner among current alumni. To promote a sense of pride when our alumni remember their training at the institution.
- To develop and maintain a close scientific and professional relationship with our alumni.
- To stimulate advancement in all branches of medicine among our alumni.
- To assist in the recognition and support of our alumni throughout the world.
Dr. Alton Ochsner's Creed
- Develop to the utmost one's God-given talents.
- Utilize every waking moment to improve one's self, spiritually, educationally, or physically.
- Be honest with others and with yourself.
- Be loyal. Loyalty is one of the finest of all attributes and it is found so infrequently.
- Leisure, although beneficial, is too frequently abused because of the inability to utilize it in a beneficial manner. Such instances cause waste and may result in detrimental excesses, such as alcoholism and boredom. Mental activity delays deterioration of the mind as physical activity prevents muscular atrophy.
- Develop and maintain a positive attitude. Determination and industriousness result in unexpected positive results. Live every moment, minute, hour, and day to the fullest. Strive to make each day better than the previous one. Life is not eternal and every moment is so precious; none should be wasted.
John T. Renz, MD, FACR (Mobile, AL)
Work phone: (251) 435-2424
Charles DiCorte, MD (Covington, LA)
Work phone: (985) 875-2828
Arie Blitz, MD, FACC (Cleveland, OH)
Work phone: (216) 844-4988
Special Action Member
Hector Ventura, MD, FACC, FACP (New Orleans, LA)
Work phone: (504) 842-4135
Past President and Chairman of the Ochsner Alumni Society
Devinder S. Bhatia, MD (Houston, TX)
TCV 1995 and GS 1997
Work phone: (281) 397-7000
President Emeritus, OAA Board and Chairman of the Nominating Committee
Michael Trotter, MD (Greenville, MS)
Work phone: (662) 347-9588
Members at Large
Jim Gilmore, MD, FACS (Corinth, MS)
Work phone: (662) 603-1714
Beth Ballinger, MD (Rochester, MN)
VAS SURG 1997
Work phone: (507) 255-4789
Kris Vivek, MD, MRCP, FACC (Houston, TX)
Work phone: (281) 469-8007
Fellow's Association President
George Gilly, MD (New Orleans, LA)
Director of Alumni Affairs
Phone: (504) 842-7230
Volunteers Needed! The Ochsner Alumni Association is looking for Alumni to serve the association on its various committees and leadership positions. If you are interested in helping your Alumni Association, please email email@example.com.