We are upgrading our electronic medical record (EMR) system to take even better care of you!
At Ochsner, our commitment to providing you Healthcare With Peace Of Mind is relentless. And while we have been named as one of the Best Hospitals in America by U.S. News and World Report in 11 categories, ranked among the top 5% of hospitals in the nation by HealthGrades and named in the 100 Top Hospitals® by Thompson Reuters, we are committed to continuously improving the care and services we provide to you.
We’re taking a big step forward and upgrading the tools that our physicians, nurses and clinical staff use to take care of you. Over the next two years, Ochsner will take our current electronic medical record (EMR) to the next level by implementing the industry-leading Epic software in all of our medical centers and health centers.
How will Epic help us take even better care of you?
With Epic, we can:
Will patients have to do anything different during the transition to Epic?
Because Ochsner is a large Health System, we are planning to implement Epic by region to make sure that we take the best possible care of our patients and our physicians, nurses and clinical staff. We are doing everything possible to ensure the transition to Epic is seamless for you, and we thank you in advance for your patience.
During the transition to Epic, you may notice the following changes:
Your visit will likely take longer: We are doing everything possible to make sure our physicians, nurses and clinical staff have the time that they need to get used to Epic. This means that we are allowing more time for each patient appointment, so your visit may last a little bit longer than usual.
You may want to choose an appointment in June or August: This will help give our physicians, nurses and clinical staff the extra time they need to get used to our new System.
You will have a new MyOchsner patient portal: The MyOchsner patient portal will change as each location goes live with Epic. You can use the new MyOchsner to communicate and schedule appointments with your physicians. Current MyOchsner users will be notified by mail about this change and will receive instructions and new PIN numbers in their MyOchsner inbox.
- You may receive different bills: If you see Ochsner physicians in more than one region (for example, your primary care provider is located at an Ochsner Health Center in Baton Rouge, but you see a cardiologist at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans), you will receive separate bills from each region. Once all Ochsner locations are live with Epic, you will receive a single bill no matter which location you choose.
When is Epic coming to an Ochsner location near me?
Ochsner will be implementing Epic by region over the next two years. Here are the planned dates for each region:
- Ochsner Health Centers on the North Shore: Now Live!
- Ochsner Medical Center – North Shore: Now Live!
- Ochsner Health Centers in the New Orleans, West Bank, Kenner and Bayou regions: Now Live!
- Ochsner Medical Center, Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank Campus and Ochsner Hospital - Elmwood: Now Live!
- Ochsner Baptist Medical Center and Ochsner Medical Center – Kenner: Now Live!
Ochsner Health Centers in Baton Rouge: June 7, 2013
- Join MyOchsner to register your patient information. This will decrease wait time and lines at the clinics; while giving you email access to your provider and anytime online access to your medical records and billing information.
- Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge: June 9, 2013
- Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital: Late 2013