As Ochsner implements Epic in our locations across Southeast Louisiana, you will have access to enhanced services that will make it even easier for you to achieve Healthcare With Peace Of Mind at Ochsner, including:
An improved MyOchsner patient portal: MyOchsner will now be powered by Epic MyChart and allow you to:
- View your test results
- View upcoming & past appointments
- Schedule appointments
- Get health maintenance reminders tailored to you
- View the education materials your physicians and nurses recommend
- Request prescription refills
- Communicate securely with your physicians
- View your child's records and print growth charts
- Manage the care of your elderly parents
Access to your health information from your iPhone or Android: Just search for the “MyChart” app in the Apple App Store or Android Market.
A single, easy-to-understand bill: Once all Ochsner locations are using Epic, you will begin receiving a single bill for all of your healthcare services, no matter which Ochsner services or locations you use.
Your medical record will be available across the country: One in three physicians in the country use Epic, and should you ever need care outside of Ochsner, your record will be easily accessible to any of these providers if you choose to grant them access.
- More information about your care: When you visit an Ochsner location that is using Epic, you can ask your doctor for an After Visit Summary that is designed to give you the tools you need to help you keep track of your care.. This summary will detail everything you need to remember about your visit, including instructions from your physician, medications you need to take, and even any follow-up appointments you may need.
Thank you again for your patience as Ochsner takes this Epic step in improving the tools that our physicians, nurses and clinical staff use to care for you!