Hurricane Preparedness: Tips For Reducing Anxiety
Anxiety is understandable during a hurricane due to a general lack of control over such events. Everyone needs a stress reduction "fall-back plan." Being aware of your anxiety is the first step in returning to a healthy perspective of the situation.
A few tips for reducing "natural disaster stress" include:
- Don't feed the frenzy by participating in "what if" conversations.
- Don't listen to the radio or television on a non-stop basis; rather, check at regular intervals.
- Be prepared for disasters. Have a pre-determined plan and necessary supplies ready.
- Try to let your anxiety go; Turn on soft music, watch a funny video, or meditate.
- Ochsner is here for its employees during hurricane season and we want to have all of your questions answered.
Visit the Get A Game Plan website for more information on hurricane preparedness.