Why have a transplant at the Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute?
- Ochsner is recognized as #1 in the nation for liver transplants, by CareChex
- Ochsner liver transplant patients have shorter wait times than the national average
- Ochsner liver transplant patients have better survival rates than the national average
- Ochsner is the only Medicare-approved liver transplant program in New Orleans and a Center of Excellence for many insurers including Kaiser Permanente.
- Ochsner remains one of the nation’s most active liver transplant programs conducting 175 liver transplants in 2013.
- Ochsner surgeons have performed more than 1,100 adult and pediatric liver transplant operations, making Ochsner the most experienced liver transplant center in Louisiana by far.
- Our hepatologists are leading the nation on the cutting-edge of clinical research, including treatment of viral hepatitis now allows many patients to avoid transplantation altogether.
- Our surgeons are also experienced in split liver transplants, reduced size liver transplants and living-related liver transplantation in adults and children.
- Quick, direct flights are available to Ochsner from your area.
- Short wait times for transplantation
- Reduced transplant surgery times
- Shorter time in critical care and hospital stays
- Lodging is available onsite at the Brent House Hotel and nearby to create a collaborative long-term care effort between the Ochsner team, your referring physician, and your family, and you.
- Interdisciplinary team approach to care consisting of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, dieticians, financial coordinators and social workers
After transplantation, Ochsner closely follows care for all patients. We take pride in creating an environment that supports the needs of our patients and their families.
Organ Donor Registry
For information on how to become an organ donor: LOPA