The Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute’s lung transplant program provides patients with comprehensive care for their medical, psychological, social and financial needs. Patients benefit from a united team of leading transplant pulmonologists, transplant surgeons, cardiothoracic surgeons, specially trained anesthesiologists with transplant coordinators, social workers and support professional all working to provide the best outcomes for patients.
Why Choose the Ochsner Lung Transplant Program?
- Ochsner is the only lung transplant program in Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Shorter wait times than the national median
- Shorter hospital stay gets you home sooner
- Ochsner remains one of the nation's most active lung transplant programs conducting more than 21 lung transplants in 2013.
- Ochsner has performed more than 300 lung transplants.
- Interdisciplinary team approach to care consisting of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, dieticians, financial coordinators and social workers.
- After transplantation, Ochsner closely follows care for all patients.
- We take pride in creating an environment that supports the needs of our patients and their families.
- Lodging is available onsite at the Brent House Hotel and nearby to create a collaborative long-term care effort between the Ochsner team, your referring physician, and your family and you.
Lung Transplant Team
The team consists of transplant pulmonologists, Dr. Reinaldo Rampolla and Dr. Seoane; primary transplant surgeon, Dr. Michael Bates; and cardiothoracic surgeons, Dr. Gene Parrino, and Dr. Jose Mena. In addition, the team also includes specially trained anesthesiologists and experienced staff in transplant coordination, social services, pharmacy, nursing, and dietary.