The Ochsner Health System Section of Allergy and Immunology consists of board-certified physicians who treat both adult and pediatric patients. For your convenience, allergy services are available at the Ochsner Medical Center, Ochsner Health Center - Covington, Ochsner Baptist, Ochsner Kenner and Ochsner West Bank, as well as at most of our neighborhood health centers.
For more information on Allergies, Pollen and Mold, click here.
What is an Allergist-Immunologist?
An Allergist-Immunologist is an expert in the evaluation, diagnosis and management of allergic diseases and disorders of the immune system. Such conditions include:
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Allergic Asthma
- Urticaria (hives) and Angioedema
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis)
- Insect allergies
- Antibiotic and other drug related allergies
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Latex allergies
What symptoms does an Allergist-Immunologist treat?
Common allergic symptoms include:
- Watery eyes
- Runny or blocked nose
- Itching of the eyes, ears, nose and mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of the eyelids, lips or body
Chronic allergic problems may cause other symptoms including headache, fatigue or nausea. Allergic symptoms can affect some patients all year long and other patients during only one season.
How do I make an appointment to see an Allergist?
- New Orleans and North Shore areas, please call 504-842-6742.
- Baton Rouge, please call 225-761-5200.
- For Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank community physicians please visit the Find our Doctor link on the right-hand side of this page.