Anesthesiology at Ochsner offers patient-centered, state-of-the-art medical care in an environment that fosters commitment to safety, quality improvements and best practices.
Ochsner Medical Center
- Pre-operative assessment
- General, regional, and monitored anesthesia care
- Acute pain
- Critical care
HistoryOchsner’s Anesthesiology Department offers consultations concerning the comprehensive management of all anesthetic care for surgical, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. It also provides both pre-operative and post-operative care, including pain therapy. The department’s Pain Clinic is committed to the proper management of both acute and chronic pain for inpatient and outpatient clients. Consultative services available through the department include:
- Pre-operative medical evaluation
- Administration of anesthesia in all sub-specialties
- Management of both acute and chronic pain
- Ochsner’s Anesthesiology Department handles more than 22,600 cases each year.
- The Anesthesiology Residency Training Program at Ochsner has been continuously accredited by ACGME since 1953.
- Ochsner is among one of the only hospitals in the area that has regional anesthesia fellowship-trained anesthesiologists.