The Ochsner Hearing Center
Ochsner provides quality hearing healthcare specializing in hearing aids, cochlear implants, baha devices, dizziness and balance. The Ochsner Hearing Center is a state-of-the-art facility specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of hearing disorders in adults, infants and children of all ages. We have seven full-time staff audiologists with over 100 years of combined experience. We work very closely with ENT physicians and use a team approach to manage hearing loss and improve hearing healthcare. Hearing loss is the third most prevalent chronic condition in older adults and affects millions of people. For babies, approximately 3 in every 1,000 babies are born with permanent hearing loss, making it one of the most common medical problems in the United States.
If hearing loss goes unmanaged, other complications can occur, including: depression, anxiety, isolation, frustration, isolation, academic issues, and embarrassment. For these reasons, it is important to know some of the warning signs of hearing loss and know how to manage it. At Ochsner, we offer both medical and non medical solutions to hearing problems. We educate and empower patients about their hearing loss and provide management options to fit their lifestyle.
Are You a Candidate for a Hearing Aid?
Warning signs of hearing loss, ask yourself:
- Do you frequently ask people to repeat?
- Do you have difficulty hearing the TV of telephone?
- Do family and friends complain the TV is too loud?
- Do you complain that family and friends mumble?
- Does my child startle to loud sounds?
- Does my child respond when I call their name?
- Does my child follow simple commands?
- Does my child use speech and language like other children their age?