The Ochsner Back and Spine Center brings together some of the nation’s top orthopedic and spine specialists in one state-of-the-art facility to solely focused on providing comprehensive care and relief to patients suffering from any type of spine or back pain or discomfort. At the Center our team utilizes a customized treatment approach designed for each patient, as no two people’s back pain is the same.
Innovative, Patient-Centered Space
The Ochsner Back and Spine Center is designed around an innovative, patient-centered approach. The space itself is conveniently laid out so that patients aren’t required to move around too much. Private consultation rooms are attached to each examination room so that the doctors can comfortably discuss the plan of care with their patients. Additionally, the Center boasts a technologically advanced “collaboration room” where the doctors can meet to review their cases.
The Ochsner Back and Spine Center is the only multidisciplinary center under one roof in the region for treating a full range of back and spine pain. Here, patients with meet with medical experts from different disciplines including:
- Provides comprehensive care for all orthopedic problems
- Provides comprehensive approach to care for a wide array of neurosurgical conditions
- Focuses on the evaluation, management, and prevention of disorders of human motion
- Focuses on the use of treatments to develop, recover, or maintain the daily living and work skills of patients
- Helps patients manage and control physical pain
- Helps patients restore and maintain optimal health
- Helps patients find the right kind of help for emotional problems, including those caused by physical pain
Together, the patient care team will offer the latest sophisticated services, including non-surgical and surgical innovations.
The Ochsner Back and Spine Center’s specialty departments have received numerous awards. U.S. News & World Report named Ochsner’s Orthopedics and Neurology & Neurosurgery departments among the top 50 across the country in its 2012-13 Best Hospitals rankings. Healthgrades ranked Ochsner’s Neurosciences and Neurosurgery departments among the top five percent in the nation. Additionally, Ochsner’s Spine department is a Blue Cross Blue Shield Destination Center for Spine Surgery and Spine Services.