- March 14
- April 11
- May 9
- June 13
- July 11
- August 8
- September 12
- October 10
- November 14
- December 12
Saturday sessions will cover all three classes in one day and will be from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm and lunch will be provided.
The three classes combined cover four topics:
- 1st Class: Pregnancy Topics, Pain Theories, Pre-Labor Signs Stages of Labor, Comfort Measures, Labor Positions
- 2nd Class: Interventions, Pain Medications, Cesarean Birth
- 3rd Class: Postpartum/Newborn Procedures and Appearance, Basic breast-feeding
All classes will be held in the first floor classroom of Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, located at 17000 Medical Center Dr. (O’Neal Lane at I-12).
- The fee for all three classes is $50.00. The fee covers registration, materials and refreshments for you and a partner.
- To register, call 225-755-4854.
Breastfeeding Basics Class
Learn from our experienced Lactation Department the essential information you need to know!
Classes include topics such as getting baby latched on, how often to nurse, how to tell if baby is getting enough milk, and how to use a breast pump.
Your $35 fee covers registration, materials and refreshments for you and a partner.
Classes will altere between Saturday from 9am-12pm and Tuesday from 6pm-9pm. All classes will be held in the first floor classroom of Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge.
Call 225-755-4854 to pre-register.
- May 12, 6-9pm
- July 18, 9am-12pm
- September 8, 6-9pm
- November 14, 9am-12pm
Breastfeeding Support Group
Join other moms just like you who are breastfeeding their little ones. Share stories and tips on what works and what doesn't with moms who are living the experience. The mother organized Breastfeeding Support group meeting are held on Sunday afternoons from 2-4pm in the first floor classroom of Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge.
Support group meetings are free.
- April 19
- May 17
- June 14
- July 19
- August 16
- September 20
- October 18
- November 15
- December 13