Ochsner physicians take a multidisciplinary approach to treating lung cancer, including oncology sub-specialties: medical oncology, thoracic surgery, radiation oncology, pulmonary medicine, pathology, epidemiology and genetics. The extended team includes thoracic radiologist and lung cancer pathologists. The program offers diagnostic and treatment options for patients.
Ochsner physician teamwork includes frequent patient-related conferences as well as the use of the latest techniques in combined modality therapy. This approach can permit surgery for complete removal of a lung cancer. It can also allow for other treatments to be more effective. Ochsner physicians are world leaders in the treatment of lung cancer and able to provide the most innovative methods of treatment. This expertise has brought new treatment methods and agents to the Ochsner community before they were available at other hospitals across the country.
At Ochsner we offer:
- Convenience that is designed to meet the needs of our patients by providing one appointment where the patient will see all applicable cancer specialists on the same day.
- Personalized Care where each patient's individualized treatment plan is coordinated, determined, and communicated by the appropriate clinicians from thoracic medical oncology, thoracic oncologic surgery, pulmonary medicine, and radiation oncology. Additional resources and support services such as pathology, radiology, interventional radiology, financial counseling, and social services are available as needed.
- Coordinated Care or all necessary steps of the treatment continuum are facilitated by a dedicated nurse navigator. Pre appointment, the navigator works with the patient and referring provider to facilitate appointment scheduling, including obtaining insurance clearance, records, and necessary pre-appointment tests. Post appointment, the navigator communicates with all parties involved and schedules any necessary follow up appointments.
- A Multidisciplinary Focus in which every week the team of specialists reviews cases to discuss and determine the best treatment options for patients.
- Cutting-Edge Technology and the latest advances in cancer imaging and treatment options, including minimally invasive and robotic surgical techniques, image-guided radiation therapy, and targeted chemotherapy.
- Access to Clinical Trials and research through the Ochsner Cancer Institute.
Contact a nurse coordinator by calling toll-free 1-877-356-1647 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.