Since its inception in 1984, the Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute has performed more than 5000 life-saving liver, kidney, pancreas, heart and lung transplants, making it the nation's leading transplant center. For more than 50 years, the Ochsner name has been synonymous with high quality, multi-specialty care.
Our Transplant Programs
|Liver||Kidney & Kidney/Pancreas|
Comprehensive Patient Care
Innovation and dedication to excellence remain our hallmarks. Through innovative research efforts and the teaming of a comprehensive corps of transplant surgeons, physicians and support specialists the Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute is firmly positioned as a leader in organ transplantation.
Our team delivers exceptional clinical care while addressing the emotional, financial and practical support issues so often faced by patients and their loved ones. We never lose sight of the individual who is our patient. Their concerns are our concerns and their continued good health is how we measure our success.
Transplant Center Highlights:
- Ranked #1 in the Nation in Liver Transplants by CareChex
- Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute performed the most adult liver transplants and tied for the most kidney/pancreas transplants of any U.S. medical center in 2012, according to statistics compiled by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), the nonprofit organization that manages the nation’s transplant system.
- Only Living Liver, Lung and Pediatric Heart Transplant Center in Louisiana.
- 1 of only 7 hospitals in the Nation to receive the HealthGrades 2012 Liver Transplant Excellence Award
- 1 of only 11 hospitals in the Nation to receive the HealthGrades 2011 Kidney Transplant Excellence Award
- Medicare approved transplant center for heart, liver, kidney, and lung transplantation
- Center of Excellence for most insurers, including the United Resource Network
- Ongoing clinical and laboratory research projects representing all aspects of transplantation research
- On- or near-campus living accommodations including the Brent House Hotel
- Ochsner International Health Services Department available to assist with the unique ethnic and cultural needs of our many international patients
Transplant Hotline 1-800-643-1635
- May 06, 2014 - Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute Performs 5000th Transplant
- Nov 04, 2013 - CARECHEX® NAMES OCHSNER NUMBER TWO IN THE NATION IN OVERALL HOSPITAL CARE
- Sep 12, 2013 - Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute Welcomes New Hepatologist to the Community
- May 20, 2013 - Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute welcomes new Director of Transplant Clinical Research
- Apr 24, 2013 - OCHSNER IMPLANTS FIRST TOTAL ARTIFICIAL HEART IN FATHER OF FIVE AS BRIDGE TO HEART TRANSPLANT