Since its inception in 1984, the Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute has performed more than 4,500 life-saving liver, kidney, pancreas, heart and lung transplants, making it the nation's leading transplant center. For more than 50 years, the Ochsner name has been synonymous with high quality, multi-specialty care.
- Liver Transplants
- Kidney & Kidney/Pancreas Transplants
- Heart Transplants
- Lung Transplants
- Pediatric Heart Transplants
Comprehensive Patient Care
Innovation and dedication to excellence remain our hallmarks. Through innovative research efforts and the teaming of a comprehensive corps of transplant surgeons, physicians and support specialists the Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute is firmly positioned as a leader in organ transplantation.
Our team delivers exceptional clinical care while addressing the emotional, financial and practical support issues so often faced by patients and their loved ones. We never lose sight of the individual who is our patient. Their concerns are our concerns and their continued good health is how we measure our success.
Transplant Center Highlights:
- 1 of only 7 hospitals in the Nation to receive the HealthGrades 2012 Liver Transplant Excellence Award
- 1 of only 11 hospitals in the Nation to receive the HealthGrades 2011 Kidney Transplant Excellence Award
- Medicare approved transplant center for heart, liver, kidney, and lung transplantation
- Center of Excellence for most insurers, including the United Resource Network
- Ongoing clinical and laboratory research projects representing all aspects of transplantation research
- On- or near-campus living accommodations including the Brent House Hotel
- Ochsner International Health Services Department available to assist with the unique ethnic and cultural needs of our many international patients
- Ranked #1 in the Nation in Liver Transplants by CareChex
- Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute performed the most adult liver transplants and tied for the most kidney/pancreas transplants of any U.S. medical center in 2012, according to statistics compiled by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), the nonprofit organization that manages the nation’s transplant system.
Transplant Hotline 1-800-643-1635
- May 20, 2013 - Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute welcomes new Director of Transplant Clinical Research
- Apr 24, 2013 - OCHSNER IMPLANTS FIRST TOTAL ARTIFICIAL HEART IN FATHER OF FIVE AS BRIDGE TO HEART TRANSPLANT
- Apr 01, 2013 - Multi-Organ Transplant Institute Ranked 1st Nationally in 2012 Liver & Kidney-Pancreas Transplants
- Jan 28, 2013 - Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute Named No. 1 in the Nation for Liver Transplants
- Jan 08, 2013 - OCHSNER MEDICAL CENTER NAMED CONSUMER CHOICE AWARD WINNER FOR 17TH YEAR IN A ROW
To view the video, click the PLAY button above.
To view more videos on this topic, click here.
or use the scroll button on the left.