Since its inception in 1984, the Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute has performed more than 2,700 life-saving liver, kidney, pancreas, heart and lung transplants, making it the Gulf South's leading transplant center.
For more than 50 years, the Ochsner name has been synonymous with high quality, multi-specialty care, and this tradition provides a strong foundation for the Multi-Organ Transplant Institute. Innovation and dedication to excellence remain Ochsner's hallmarks. Through innovative research efforts and the teaming of a comprehensive corps of transplant surgeons, physicians and support specialists, the Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute is firmly positioned as a leader in organ transplantation.
- Medicare-approved transplant center for heart, liver and kidney transplantation.
- Center of Excellence for most insurers, including the United Resource Network.
- Ongoing clinical and laboratory research projects representing all aspects of transplantation research.
- On or near-campus living accommodations, including the Brent House Hotel.
- The Ochsner International Services Department was created to assist with the unique ethnic and cultural needs of its many international patients.
For more information, call the 24-hour Transplant Hotline at 1-800-643-1635.