Ochsner Pediatric Orthopedics is experienced in caring for the smallest of patients in a very caring manner. Whether your child broke a bone, or may require surgery, we are here to take care of them (and you!)
Ochsner's Pediatric Orthopedics team includes a fellowship trained surgeon, specially trained to treat pediatric orthopedic conditions from infants to teens. The team also includes a nurse practioner and medical assistants, all ready to assist your family.
We offer services at Ochsner Hospital for Children, and also at Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital in Raceland, for your convenience.
The team treats a variety of children's orthopedic conditions and evaluates in-toeing, bow-legs, knock-knees, abnormalities of walking and conditions involving the spine and extremities such as cerebral palsy. Ochsner also specializes in the treatment of children's fractures and dislocations, as well as infections and tumors of the spine and extremities.
- Congenital hand conditions, including trigger thumb, syndactyly, and polydactyly
- Other congenital limb deformities
- Developmental dysplasia of the hip
- Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease
- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
- Femoral acetabular impingement
- Cerebral palsy
- Tarsal coalition
- Limb length discrepancy
- Pediatric sports medicine, including patellar instability, ACL tears, meniscus tears, and osteochondritis dissecans
- Spinal deformity, including scoliosis and kyphosis
- Pediatric Orthopedics available in the Pediatric ER
Ongoing Research on Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction in Children with Tariq Hendawi MD and Sean Waldron MD
Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD) of the Knee: Does the Presence of Bone in the Lesion Improve Healing Rates? - Sean Waldron MD, Chris Pomeroy MD, Shital Parikh MD, Gregory D. Myer PhD, and Eric Wall MD
Head-neck Offset in Pistol-grip Deformity Determines the Risk of Osteoarthritis - Sean Waldron MD, Ari D Levine MD, and Daniel R Cooperman MD
Early Onset Scoliosis: The Value of Serial Risser Casts - Sean Waldron MD, Connie Poe-Kochert, Jochen P Son-Hing MD, FRCSC, and George H Thompson MD