The Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Section of the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology provides leading edge endoscopic procedures. Our team consists of high trained physicians, endoscopy nurses and technicians.
Our mission is to become the preeminent referral center in the Gulf South for advanced therapeutic endoscopy through the use of advanced technologies, state-of-the-art medical facilities, compassionate care, and physician expertise.
The pancreas is made up of two types of glands:
- Exocrine. The exocrine gland secretes digestive enzymes. These enzymes are secreted into a network of ducts that join the main pancreatic duct, which runs the length of the pancreas.
- Endocrine. The endocrine gland, which consists of the islets of Langerhans, secretes hormones into the bloodstream.
Our services include diagnostic testing and treatments for digestive disorders are performed by our Pancreatic Biliary Services (PBS) team:
- Barrx Therapy for Barrett’s Esophagus
- Double Balloon Enteroscopy
- EMR - Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- ERCP - Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- ESD - Endoscopic submucosal dissection
- Halo Testing
The PBS team at Ochsner provides treatment for a range of conditions.
- Autoimmune cholangitis
- Autoimmune pancreatitis
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Bile duct cancer
- Bile duct stones (choledocholithiasis)
- Bile duct strictures
- Bile leak
- Biliary atresia
- Carcinoid tumors
- Dilated Bile Duct-Pancreatic and common bile duct
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN)
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatic pseudocysts
- Polyps: colon, duodenal and gastric
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
To view the video, click the PLAY button above.
To view more videos, click here,
or use the scroll button on the right.