Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Ochsner For Children's Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition provides state-of-the-art, comprehensive and compassionate care for all childhood and adolescent gastrointestinal and liver diseases in a multidisciplinary setting. Our providers treat more than 2,300 unique patients each year.
To Schedule a Patient Appointment
For Referring Physicians
For 24/7 phone consults and/or transfers, please call our Regional Referral Center: 1.855.OHS.LINK (1.855.647.5465)
For fast track appointment access to any Ochsner clinic, contact the Ochsner Clinic Concierge, our dedicated physician referral line, at 1-855-312-4190.
Outpatient and inpatient clinics for general gastrointestinal/liver disease
- Clinics in Metairie/New Orleans, Slidell and Raceland, Louisiana
Outpatient Recurrent Abdominal Pain Clinic
- A specialized clinic for recurrent abdominal pain is offered to our patients. Comprehensive nutritional inpatient and outpatient services are available with the support of a dedicated pediatric dietitian.
- Outpatient pediatric dietitian services
- Infliximab infusions for Inflammatory Bowel Disease patients
- For our procedures, we have a dedicated endoscopy suite equipped with full pediatric anesthesia coverage. We perform more than 800 pediatric procedures annually.
Pediatric liver transplant - care in conjunction with the Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute's liver transplant team
- Our liver transplant program has been ranked #1 in the nation for two consecutive years with outcomes better than national transplant benchmarks. Our pediatric transplant patients are managed in this program by a multidisciplinary group of physicians, including transplant surgeons and pediatric specialists, as well as other healthcare professionals.
Treatment available for inpatient and outpatient management of general gastrointestinal and liver pathology, including:
- Abdominal migraines
- Abdominal pain
- Celiac disease
- Congenital causes of liver disease
- Cyclic vomiting syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Neonatal cholestasis
- Reflux and peptic ulcer disease
- Viral hepatitis
- Rectal suction biopsies
- Gastrostomy button care and replacements
- Esophageal dilatation
- Esophageal and ano-rectal manometry
- Esophageal varices banding and sclerotherapy
- Colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Endoscopic polypectomy
- pH probe studies
- BRAVO pH studies
- Small bowel video capsule endoscopy
- Therapeutic and diagnostic ERCP for pediatric patients
- Percutaneous liver biopsy