The Department of General Internal Medicine (GIM) at Ochsner is one of the largest academic general internal medicine divisions in the Gulf South. We have more than 70 internal medicine physicians providing primary care services throughout four regions: South Shore, North Shore, West Bank and Baton Rouge. Our doctors focus on diagnosing and treating adults 18 years of age and older. Additionally, our internists are specially trained to solve complex diagnostic problems and manage chronic illnesses such as diabetes and hypertension. Overall, the Ochsner Internal Medicine Department is dedicated to providing the most current, evidence-based medical care through focusing on the best clinical practices, education and research in a warm and inviting atmosphere conducive to the well-being of our patients.
Here When You Need Us
- Schedule doctor’s appointments 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For more information, call 504- 842-3155 or toll free at 1-866-624-7637.
- Each Ochsner Primary Care Office offers same day/next day appointments for patients with urgent healthcare concerns.
- Ochsner On Call is a special service that provides health education and advisory services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our registered nurses are waiting on the line to discuss your healthcare concerns and to help determine if your symptoms require a trip to the emergency room or a visit to a physician. They’ll even offer appropriate self-care techniques. This service is free and can be reached by calling 504- 842-3155 or toll free at 1-800-231-5257.
- Teaching our patients about wellness and disease prevention.
- Providing urgent care and care for chronic problems, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
- Scheduling, reviewing and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Coordinating other medical specialists, as needed, and consulting on your general care.
- Providing prescription refills and pharmaceutical consults.
- Overseeing hospital and emergency room follow-up care.
- Recommending adult preventative health screenings.
- Facilitating electronic medical records. That means your medical records will be and are available from any Ochsner location on the map. This allows for the most consistent patient care, both for routine health needs and more complex medical conditions.
Ochsner Health System has grown to become the largest healthcare system in the region with more than 13,000 employees, including over 850 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. Ochsner's holdings now include eight hospitals as well over 38 neighborhood health centers throughout South Louisiana. We also have medical centers in Kenner, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Raceland, and on the West Bank and North Shore. These holdings include:
- Ochsner Medical Center, which is located near uptown New Orleans. It houses acute and sub-acute facilities as well as the Ochsner Cancer Institute, Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Center and Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute.
- Ochsner Medical Center for Children, our inpatient facility.
- Ochsner Children's Health Center, our ambulatory facility offering comprehensive care for our youngest patients.
- The 158-room Brent House Hotel, which is located on our main campus for the convenience of patients’ families. For more information, please visit our website.
- Elmwood Fitness Center (EFC), which is one of the largest health and fitness centers in the region. With more than 20,000 members, EFC has four locations throughout the local region, including the flagship facility in Harahan, which boasts 160,000 square feet of space. EFC also offers satellite centers in Metairie, Downtown New Orleans and Kenner. For more information, please visit our website.
Ochsner Health System measures patient satisfaction results to identify ways to become even better at meeting patients’ expectations, while providing the best care possible in a safe and comfortable environment. As a patient receiving care at Ochsner Health System, you may receive a survey asking you about our care and service. Your thoughts and experiences are critical in helping us make the changes necessary to provide the healthcare experience you have come to expect. If you receive a survey, we encourage you to take the time to share your opinions with us.