What is MAKOplasty®?
MAKOplasty® Partial Knee Resurfacing and MAKOplasty® Total Hip Replacement are enabled by the surgeon controlled RIO® robotic arm system, offering increased accuracy to optimize surgical results.
MAKOplasty® Partial Knee Resurfacing
Partial Knee Replacement is a treatment option for adults living with early-to mid-stage osteoarthritis (OA) that has not progressed to all three compartments of the knee. MAKOplasty® Partial Knee Resurfacing is an advanced treatment option. It is powered by the RIO® Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System, which allows the surgeon to perform surgery accurately through a smaller incision as compared to manual procedures. By selectively targeting the part of the knee damaged by OA, surgeons can resurface the knee while sparing the healthy bone and ligaments surrounding it.
MAKOplasty® Partial Knee Resurfacing Benefits May Include:
- Preservation of healthy tissue and bone — only diseased portions are removed
- Optimal implant positioning
- Less pain
- A more natural feeling knee following surgery
- More rapid recovery and shorter hospital stay compared to traditional total knee Resurfacing surgery
MAKOplasty® Total Hip Replacement
MAKOplasty® Total Hip Replacement is a breakthrough solution for adults suffering from painful degenerative joint disease of the hip who need a total hip replacement. It is powered by the surgeon-controlled
RIO® Robotic Arm System, which enables more accurate implant placement, which may reduce complications, such as implant wear and dislocation.
MAKOplasty® Total Hip Replacement Benefits May Include:
- Accurate placement of your hip implant, which can reduce the likelihood of hip dislocation
- More consistency in leg length, potentially decreasing the need for a shoe lift
- Decreased risk of impingement and dislocation, this may improve the life expectancy of the hip replacement
To view the video, click the PLAY button above.
To view more videos, click here,
or use the scroll button on the right.