Welcome to Ochsner Health System. Thank you for choosing us for your surgical healthcare needs.
Before, during, and after your surgery, you will be cared for by some of the most skilled and experienced medical professionals. Our surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, specialists, social workers, and other healthcare professionals work with you and your family to ensure a safe, smooth and comfortable surgery and recovery.
Ochsner Medical Center - Main Campus and North Shore
This booklet was developed to provide you with peace of mind about your upcoming surgery. Please read this guide carefully as the instructions will help you move smoothly through each phase of your surgery and recovery. If you have any questions or concerns not addressed here, please call the Pre-Op Center at 504-842-4526 or 1-866-727-1910. Rest assured, you have a wealth of resources, a tradition of caring and healthcare with peace of mind at Ochsner.
Ochsner Baptist Medical Center
Please read this guide carefully as the instructions will help you move smoothly through each phase of your surgery and recovery. In order to best meet your pre-admission needs, we would like you to call our Pre-Admit office at 504-897-5900 and schedule a Pre-Operative Appointment. Click here for directions to our location at 2626 Napoleon Avenue in New Orleans.
Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank
This Handbook was developed to provide you with peace of mind about your upcoming surgery.
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge
Ochsner general surgeons provide laparoscopic and open procedures for treating conditions of the gallbladder, intestinal tract (esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, and rectum), head and neck, hernias, skin and soft tissue. Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge offers the latest laparoscopic and minimally invasive techniques, which can be performed with a camera through small incisions. The most common general surgery procedures performed at our facility include:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (removal of gallbladder)
- Laparoscopic and open colectomy (removal of colon)
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repair
- Insertion of intravenous access device for chemotherapy
- Removal or biopsy of tumors or masses
- Laparoscopic fundoplication for acid reflux disease
- Breast conservation therapy for breast cancer (lumpectomy)
- Thoracoscopic and open surgery for lung cancer and other lung diseases
- Removal of thyroid and parathyroid glands
To schedule a surgical consultation please call the general surgery clinic at 225-761-5459.
Information specific to Ochsner Medical Center-Kenner was developed to provide you with peace of mind about your upcoming surgery. Please read carefully as the instructions will help you move smoothly through each phase of your surgery and recovery. Click here for directions to our location at 180 W. Esplanade Ave., Kenner, Louisiana 70065.
- Abdominal Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast, Soft Tissue and Neck Surgery
- Cancer Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Congenital Cardiovascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
- Distal Esophagus
- Endocrine Surgery
- Esophageal Surgery
- Gall Bladder Removal and Hernia Repair
- General Surgery
- Liver Surgery
- Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
- Parathyroid Gland Surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery
- Robotics Surgery
- Stomach and Bowel Surgery
- Surgical Weight Loss Program
- Upper Intestinal Surgery
- Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Vascular Lab