The mission of our Surgical Weight Loss Program is to improve the health of the population we serve by providing medical and surgical weight loss options and helping the individual achieve the highest quality of life possible. Besides helping you take those first steps towards a healthier life, we want to insure that our patients are fully educated and are able to make an informed decision before undergoing weight reduction surgery. In keeping with the mission of Ochsner, the Surgical Weight Loss Program has the following objectives:
- Overcome the cultural bias towards the emotional and physical challenges of the morbidly obese.
- Educate health care workers to the causes of morbid obesity and how to care for the special needs of these patients.
- Help the patient address and treat the causes of morbid obesity.
- Provide long-term follow up and support for both patients undergoing surgical solutions or remaining on medical therapy.
- Provide a multi-disciplinary team approach to the management of morbid obesity through assessment, intervention, and patient education.
- To provide total patient care in a secure and comfortable environment.
- To improve the health and quality of life for the patient population we serve by committing the resources and effort necessary to develop the specialized knowledge and experience required for the successful treatment of morbid obesity.