Neurosciences Institute Continuum of Care CNE
Contact: Sam Firmin
Continuum of Care CNE | Neurosciences Institute
Date: Wednesday, March 29th
Time: 10am - 12pm
Lunch: 12pm - 1pm
*Complimentary catered lunch with Ochsner Nursing Team
RSVP HERE or email email@example.com
Ochsner Medical Center is providing 1 hour of CNE credit through stroke care education which will include best practices on continuum of care models supported through nursing excellence. Upon completion of the CNE, learners will be able to differentiate between ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes along with their etiology. The CNE will enable learners to describe emergent management and treatment options within the different types of stroke. CNE education will be provided through a mixture of classroom learning supported by clinical exposure to continuum of care models.
CNE Learning Outcomes:
- Major types of stroke and their etiology
- Early identification and treatment options
- Golden Hour of stroke care
- Stroke continuum of care models
Continuum of Care:
- Emergency Department
- Interventional Radiology
- Neuroscience Critical Care Unit
- Neuroscience Stepdown Unit
Did you Know
- U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017 Best Hospitals for Neurology & Neurosurgery listing ranks Ochsner Medical Center as #23 in the United States.
- The NAEC designated Ochsner Medical Center as Louisiana’s only Level 4 Epilepsy Center for adults & pediatrics —highest possible designation.
- Ochsner Medical Center ranks as #1 in Louisiana for Medical Excellence in Neurological Care according to 2017 CareChex.
Ochsner Health System, Nursing Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by South Central Accreditation Program, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation